Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

robotics industry

Status
Not open for further replies.

kitedude

hi,

I'm not to sure if this forum was designed for my question but i hope you can help me.
I'm just about to finish a 5 year degree in Electronic engineering and trying to decide what route to take. I dont really like working with ac signals. I'd be intrested in working in robotics, could anybody tell me a little about the industry, and what kind of expertise you need for the industry.

Thanks.

I've just finished school of robotics too, mais, I think if you would like to work in industrial field, you don't have to know muchie about robotics, but control system. Because until now, as I know, except manipulators were built by some big coops, almost robots are made in labo. As they finish a commercial robot, they send it to industial factories. The only first mobile robot in the world was mass produced is Trilobite of Electrolux or Roomba is a same type. They are vacuum cleaners, real mobile robots.

If you want to work in robotics field, I think you must continue to study. The manipulators are built in labo, then bought buy some manufactures. The case of Trilobite is the first special case that end users buy a robot.

Of course, if you want to build stuffs to sell as many technicians, I think it's really wonderful. For example, you may build a RC helicoper, small robots, etc.... But in this field, I don't know muchie. Perhaps, some admin of this forum will tell you more. They are professional in building this type of products. And you know, they have a huge knowledge on microcontrollers. I learnt many things from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back