Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

robotic vehicle's object detection algorithms

Status
Not open for further replies.

PXP

Hey, can someone post here information about robotic vehicle's object detection algorithms ?

You're going to have to be a little more specific than that, there are MANY ways of detecting objects, none of which are going to work in all situations.

A short list might be

Simple feelers that actuate a switch to cause the robot to go the other way .
IR distance sensing.
ultrasonic distance sensing.
laser scan line object detection (sweeps a laser beem in a straight line and uses a camera to determine the profile of any objects in front of it)

I'm talking about software. For example... How vehicle knows that object_1 is a car and how software process all view...So if someone know good web pages, books or something else, post here. Thanks...

I'm talking about software. For example... How vehicle knows that object_1 is a car and how software process all view...So if someone know good web pages, books or something else, post here. Thanks...

Usually the robot doesn't even know what object it's looking at. Usually it just knows an object is there and how far away it is so it can either: go around it, kill it, or run away. THis is object detection.

For it to know what it's look at, it needs something like a camera. To get a camera to figure out what it's look at is something humans are still trying to figure out. THis is object recognition.

But here you go! GOod luck! You're gonna need it! I being neither sarcastic nor patronizing when I say this. It's the honest truth!
https://books.google.com/books?id=c...va2-Cg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=3

Last edited:
The method depends on how your sensors are setup.
Assuming you are using some kind of distance sensor, you want to determine where the object is and how far away it is, and where its edges are. So, if your robot is senses an object, it scans the object until it sees the edges of the object. Once the robot has the objects size, it could 'know' what that object is based off what you tell it objects that size are.

It doesn't necessarily need to be 'size' and 'distance', though. You could have other sensors, like heat detection. Or, a sensor which could determine density, like ultrasound. Using one or more of these and the data the sensor gets, the robot decides what it is based off what you program it to think.

And everything gets more complex if the object is not stationary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back