Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

robot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your not explaining well what it needs to do. Getting something to go in a circle is simple. If you need it to go in a circle with an adjustable radius, then your starting to have a project. If it needs to follow a circular line on the floor, then you a real project.

What is the purpose of your "robot" to drive in circles?

maybe it needs to draw a line on the floor and then follow it that's a real project

Birdman0o
They would mark the wall Now there a idea for a line follower.

You guys are about as helpful as a hole in an oil pan.

3v0

That would make a good black line if the oil is good a dirty I'm just trying to give the OP some ideas to go by

Maybe get some Ir transistors and bounce some Ir light but red leds work better off the floor maybe six of each. The side that has no bounce is over the line and you need to turn back to keep it in track

Oh I posted some code that worked with a 12f683 and a 18f1220 that would keep you bot on track some where on here

Last edited:
Most of the line following robot videos on you tube etc show the robot going in circles following a black mark etc.

David Cook's RobotRoom website has some nice line following robot information;
Robot Room - Sandwich, The Line-Following Robot

the dude just vanished !
leaving us in circles :)

LMAO!!! Hey guys, on serious question? Why would red LEDs be a better choice than IR LEDs for line following? I thought if we used IRs we could be usig IR photodiodes which would hopefully respond less to ambient light...

is line follower which can track only circular path ?
LOL.
Language variations are interesting.

I'd prefer IR. I don't really like the glower of LEDs for sensors. Especially red. Yuck. :p

I remember reading about it somewhere else too...

Hay it's whatever you want but red leds work better then irleds they don't flood the floor with to much ir light.

they can even be used to pick up ir light

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back