Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Robot wars!University of Cape town Mechatronics project

Status
Not open for further replies.

riki4eva

Hi guys!

I am in my 3rd year of Mechatronics at the University of Cape town. We were recently given our project for this year. We are supposed to build a robot that stays in a circle of radius of 2m encircled by black tape along with one of the other robots. The robot is switched on and then has to look for the other robot in the circle without leaving the circle, and as soon as it detects the other robot, it will shoot a small ping pong ball at the other robot. If the robot misses the other robot, then it's aim become to dodge the other robot.

We have finished building our line sensor, the one that detects the black tape, and this signal is going to be fed into a micro controller. We would really like to optimise our line sensor, so does anybody have the schematic for a simple but effective black (or white) line sensor?

Our next step is building the robot sensor, this will be a standard thing for all the robots, if anyone does have any good ideas about this too...then please keep on posting at this topic..would really appreciate all of your help. I will be posting regularily about the problems and looking for solutions and better techniques to build a great robot.

The robot will be run with a 12V battery, and a JK1 microcontroller chip will be used.Thanx

You mentioned that the two battling robots must stay within a circle of two meter radius, therfore, unless the other robot leaves the circle it will be within four meters of your robot.
(I know this is obvious, but this is my line of thought)

Is their going to be any obstructions near the circle? What I'm trying to suggest is that do you need to recognise that a detected object is the other robot, or can you use a simple sensor (such as lasers) to detect an object and assume that it is the other robot.

I hope that makes sense.

mhmh said:
Hi everyone! my problem now is how to program PIC16f84 to control 3 servos. This 3 servos is controlled by Right and Left bump switch. This robot is Hexapaod robot. 6 legs robot and have 2 feelers as a sensor. My lecterur wanted me to program this robot using MPLAB software. I dont know how!? Help me as soon as posible plz!!! I don't have a good basic in assembly language!!! Help

Please start a new thread, this one is over 12 months old!;)

inorder for a robot to 'see' another , the other has to transmit something , in this case i think an IR Tx (near omnidirectional) would fit .

not at all especially if it's in a confined ring. all you need is some ir sensors aimed so that they can't hit anyhting more then a few feet away. this is of course assuming the other robots are taller then a penny on it's flat side but i imagine that's not too far off

what is the sense of reviving a thread started more than 2 years ago? :confused:

Robert-Jan

Last edited:
Information

Iam a Angolan (Quincio Fernandes Rangel) boy , and I wanna study in ACT but a dont have alot of information.So please man send me some information sinse you study in UCT.I will be very gratefull.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back