Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Robot for testing Control Engineering concepts

Status
Not open for further replies.

geirove

Hello,

I am en electrical engineer that is trying yo update myself in the field of
Digital Control Engineering: FIR IIR Filters & PID regulators. I would like
to build a system where I can measure Impulse Responses and use the
collected data to build e.g. PID regulators where I test for stability etc.

I have been thinking about the Lego Mindstorms robots, but I am not sure I can program in PID controllers etc. in these robot, or can I :?:

What the robot does is not that important, but if it's something "cool "
that doesn't hurt. I would also appreciate if somein can suggest Literature.

I am using MatLab and Mathematica.

I have currently started at reading a book called "DSP First" to refresh
some of my past knowledge, and I am thinking about ordering the several Control Engineering books.

You don't really need to make any measurements to make a good PID controller. Its fairly easy to tune a PID controller by simple adjusting the three values separately. You can build a PID Controller using a quad opamp and resistors and Capacitors.

In one of my classes we built an electromagnet that could levetate a metal ball. We used a simple lead compenstator controller.

Brent

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back