Robot Controlled via WiFi

Status
Not open for further replies.

watzmann

Hi All ,

i have a robot with 4 wheels and i need to wireless control it via WiFi, i can build network programs with C# ( server and client and so on ), my problem is i don't want to place a acomputer on my robot , so i thought of using the new microchip product ENC28J60 SPI.

actually i don't know how , i can interface my robot to my computer using the parralel port but i don't know how to control it with this chip sepcailly that i intend to use a wireless Ethrenet Card ,

Please Help.

ALi

Yeah, wifi would basically require a computer on the remote device. Unless you can find a small wifi module. I'm going to hazzard a guess that the latency on zigbee is going to be lower.

Depending on you budget you can get WiFi to RS232 servers that are pretty small. The show you like a TCP port on the server side so I would guess that they are prety easy to use.

Here is an example: **broken link removed**

I have used simirar devices that do ethernet to RS-232 with great sucess.

kingpin094

The best method is to use an access point and an ethernet to serial convertor. Its pretty easy to interface and module. Even some wifi to serial modules are available in the market. Cost is in the range of 150$

u can use wifi modules .. placed these modules on ur robot (serial interface modules) and thts it.. u r done. u can cntrll ur robot via ur laptop..

how about bluetooth?
**broken link removed**

serial port, 100m range .. fast enough for any type of control you need, easy to interface to any uC... it can work as a "wireless serial cable" so you communicate with your uC directly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…