Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Robot control by wireless

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuttaphong191

I am building a robot that will be controlled by a remote PC, via a wireless link of some sort. The PC will receive sensor data from the robot wirelessley, process the data by writing some software, and then send out instructions to set the a microcontroller's I/O lines high or low, again wirelessley.

Does anybody know how this can be achieved, or if there is any existing hardware out there to perform this function?

Thank you

zigbee transceivers

but it will be a LOT easier to just do the sensor processing onboard. todays microprocessors are very powerful (ATMEL has a 32 bit one)

nuttaphong191 said:
I am building a robot that will be controlled by a remote PC, via a wireless link of some sort. The PC will receive sensor data from the robot wirelessley, process the data by writing some software, and then send out instructions to set the a microcontroller's I/O lines high or low, again wirelessley.

Does anybody know how this can be achieved, or if there is any existing hardware out there to perform this function?

I would suggest it would be better to have a degree of self control on the robot itself - with the PC merely sending instruction which the robot follows. This is likely to be better than running the link at the low level you suggested, with all the processing on the PC.

There are various PIC examples in my tutorials which would be helpful in such a project, including PWM and wireless links.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back