Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Robot Books!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

funkydyb

Hi all,
I am new in the field of ROBOTS,and I don't have any past experience in this field....
I need to practice making robots ,2 come proffisional in the future.....
So if anyone could help providing me with a source (PDF , PPT or word book)so that I can get information and learn about robots,that would be nice.....
Sherif :D

I downloaded the book (where am I)
And when I begun to have a look and read....
I realized that it is (2 some extent)advanced(for me)
Cause as I told U I am a beginner in this field...........
So If U can tell me about another simpler book I wouid be pleasant
Thanks alot..

I don't know on hobbies field, so I don't know how to begin with books. :)

I've just skimmed around on internet and finded some simple project to begin.

At first, I start with learning microcontrollers. You can come to Nigel tutorial (at his signature) to see how to work with PIC16F628 and 16F876

Secondly, I learn how to control a motor. I didn't start with DC motor, but with stepping motor. You can search for Douglas W. Jones tutorial on Stepping motor. It's great.

After that, I learn how to control the DC motor, servo motors, and so on. Use PWM method to control DC motor, and Stepping...

After having some basic knowledge on controlling, I start learn about what is a robot? You can search for the presentation of Stephen Marsland "CS3451 Laboratory Exercises: Guide to the Robots" - Autonomous mobile robot. You will see what is the paradigm of robotics

Having this basics, you can understand what you need to build a robot. You then need to learn how to use sensors: IR sensors, Ultrasonics rangefinders, Camera.... and so on.

Finally, you sketch out your robot, and then build your own one.

Goodluck

falleafd said:
I don't know on hobbies field, so I don't know how to begin with books. :)

I've just skimmed around on internet and finded some simple project to begin.

At first, I start with learning microcontrollers. You can come to Nigel tutorial (at his signature) to see how to work with PIC16F628 and 16F876

Secondly, I learn how to control a motor. I didn't start with DC motor, but with stepping motor. You can search for Douglas W. Jones tutorial on Stepping motor. It's great.

After that, I learn how to control the DC motor, servo motors, and so on. Use PWM method to control DC motor, and Stepping...

After having some basic knowledge on controlling, I start learn about what is a robot? You can search for the presentation of Stephen Marsland "CS3451 Laboratory Exercises: Guide to the Robots" - Autonomous mobile robot. You will see what is the paradigm of robotics

Having this basics, you can understand what you need to build a robot. You then need to learn how to use sensors: IR sensors, Ultrasonics rangefinders, Camera.... and so on.

Finally, you sketch out your robot, and then build your own one.

Goodluck

I don't know how 2 thank U.....
the steps U gave me R wonderful and useful..
thank U very much :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back