Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Roberts CR9977 Alarm clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electro12321

Hi,

I am trying to repair my Roberts CR 9977 alarm clock. I am a university student and when i moved from my summer home to my academic home, it suddenly decided not to work any more. I tried to turn the alarm clock on and nothing happened like the fuse had blown.

Ive pulled it apart and i checked the fuse and the wiring and everything appears to be fine. Ive given the circuit a good scan and nothing appears to be damaged. Ive only looked at the components and not tested them with my DVM. The only thing i have tested is the step-down transformer from the mains. I get about 8-9V on the output of the transformer which looks like it could be correct but without a schematic i cant tell for sure.
I had the alarm clock turned on for about 5-10mins and nothing got hot, so i would like to think that there isnt a shorted component.

What could possibly be wrong? I get the gut feeling that its a simple fix and this is the reason why i havent spent the time to check all of the components with my DVM.

Does anyone know where i could find the schematic for it? Ive searched through google and i cant find one as of yet.

Rob

Hi,

I am trying to repair my Roberts CR 9977 alarm clock. I am a university student and when i moved from my summer home to my academic home, it suddenly decided not to work any more. I tried to turn the alarm clock on and nothing happened like the fuse had blown.

Ive pulled it apart and i checked the fuse and the wiring and everything appears to be fine. Ive given the circuit a good scan and nothing appears to be damaged. Ive only looked at the components and not tested them with my DVM. The only thing i have tested is the step-down transformer from the mains. I get about 8-9V on the output of the transformer which looks like it could be correct but without a schematic i cant tell for sure.
I had the alarm clock turned on for about 5-10mins and nothing got hot, so i would like to think that there isnt a shorted component.

What could possibly be wrong? I get the gut feeling that its a simple fix and this is the reason why i havent spent the time to check all of the components with my DVM.

Does anyone know where i could find the schematic for it? Ive searched through google and i cant find one as of yet.

Rob

Hi Shocker,

Exact same thing happened to me. Tried changing battery but no joy. Did you have any further luck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back