Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RJ45 cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuchy143

Hi all,

I"m trying to spec out a 1ft male to male rj45 cable. Though, in my search it appears that there are no NON-PVC alternatives. I've done a good amount of google searching and wanted to jump on here to try and not waste my time. Does anyone know if this type of cable exists?

Thanks

I haven't spent much time searching, but this came up using a google search for "pvc-free cat5"
**broken link removed**
It's not a ready made cable C/W connectors though, they would have to be crimped on.

It's a start....

HTH,
Mick.

Hi all,

I"m trying to spec out a 1ft male to male rj45 cable. Though, in my search it appears that there are no NON-PVC alternatives. I've done a good amount of google searching and wanted to jump on here to try and not waste my time. Does anyone know if this type of cable exists?

Thanks

Heh - if it weren't for the "non-PVC" requirement, I know of a few Goodwills around my area that have a ton of such patch cords selling 5 for a dollar...

What kind of material for the jacket are you looking for, anyhow?

I haven't spent much time searching, but this came up using a google search for "pvc-free cat5"
**broken link removed**
It's not a ready made cable C/W connectors though, they would have to be crimped on.

It's a start....

HTH,
Mick.

It just needs to be non-pvc. It's for an airborne application where PVC isn't allowed(at least only in very small qty's). The gas created when it burns is toxic and will kill the pilot/passengers.

Try serching for LSF (Low Smoke and Fume).

A quick googling for "LSF CAT5 Cable" produced numerous hits.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back