Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jazedeede

Hi, real beginner here...
I'm looking to convert a 6-pin LAN-style connector (is that 6P6C? RJ12?) to 3.5mm audio jack to connect an amp to speakers etc. I've attached photos so you can see what I'm talking about, but the pin colour from 1-6 is: blue, yellow, green, red, black and white. I have two questions:
A) Is it possible to stick a 3.5mm jack on the other end of this kind of connector?
and if so B) which colour wires go to which pins on the 3.5? Ground, left and right?
Thanks in advance and sorry for probably a terrible question,
Jazedeede
Image-6.jpg Image-8.jpg Image-7.jpg

Well, it will work if it is a low power audio system. Normally, an audio system that puts out 35 W or more needs some decent sized speaker cables (assuming each of your speakers do not have their own power supply and amplifier in the speaker box).

I am sure you can google "recommended speaker wire sizes" for advice.

Yeah that's right, these will be max 25W speakers... however just to clarify that I meant portable speakers! No fancy HiFi equipment here, portable speakers that just have 3.5mm audio jacks.

So you can use any combination of wires as long as you are consistent. The color of the insulation doesn't make a difference. Make up your own rules
Green, left speaker Red
Blue, Left speaker Black
White, right speaker Red
Yellow, right speaker black

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back