Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ribbon wires... getting them back in place

Status
Not open for further replies.

LambOfGod

Does anyone know how I can get some ribbon wire to stay back in its terminals?
it is an mp3 player... when you put pressure on one side it will turn on via ac cable, pressure on both side the battery will then be active. i tried electrical tape and tooth picks etc but it just wont do. only fingers work.

The company that will be fixing the TOSHIBA device are charging $60 to book it in. so it will not be any cheaper than $60, that needs to be payed in advance. do you think they will rip me off and charge more than $60? i assume people have small buisness' that fix things like this, are they cheaper?

Usually those flex circuits are pushed into the socket on the PCB and a little plastic latch on the socket is closed to hold it in. Did you open the little plastic latch before trying to insert the flex cable.
As for the $60, you have to ask yourself. How much is a new MP3 player. If the one you have is less than $100 new, buy a new one. It is also possible that you pay the $60 and they then tell you it is unrepairable and thank you very much for the $60.

How did the connections fail in the first instance, was it due to dismantling or just a failing connector? Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back