Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Rhodes Audio Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainate

Hey all,

I am altering the audio circuit of a Rhodes Mark I Stage Piano (1978). The stock circuit is shown below (sorry if it's poorly organized, it's my very first drawing).

C1 is .047mfd
R1 is 50k Reverse Audio Taper
R2 is the volume pot, 10k Audio Taper

I decided to swap the stock cap and see how it would sound. I tried different values and REALLY liked the .022mfd cap I put in. However, the taper is wrong. The "Bass Cut" (Pot on lug 2 and 3) is good, but as it sweeps up, boosting the bass, it is too much. I threw in a 100k Lin Taper pot to see if added resistance would change the threshold, and it was closer to the desired sound when pot was all the way right (from user's perspective, pot on lugs 1 and 2). However, since it was linear taper, it only boosted the bass at the last 90% of the rotation. I can't find 100k Rev Audio taper pots online, and I don't know how to make the taper sound right. Any ideas? Thanks for your help,

~Nathan

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Mouser confuses the $H!t out of me in terms of their product organization. Thanks for responding to my dumb question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back