Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RGB LED Strip Easy-Connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hippogriff

Hi,

I don't suppose anyone has come across a connector like the one shown in this Amazon product - 2 x Flexible RGB LED Strip 520mm long with self adhesive backing: Amazon.co.uk: Lighting - and could tell me whether it allows easy (solderless) connection of four wires to an SMD 5050 RGB LED strip?

**broken link removed**

Does anyone know a shop that sells these connectors on their own, if they work as I'm hoping, i.e. wires in one end, RGB strip in the other end? Obviously not yet sure if they work like that... I have dropped the shop an email, maybe I will be lucky enough to get a response.

I've never found connectors that were suitable, so I have always ended up soldering, often directly onto the RGB LED strip itself, as I'm not a real fan of those connectors with the black plastic tabs you press in to make a firm connection.

**broken link removed**

Amazon shop owner has advised me that they put something on the RGB LED strip for this black thing to connect to, likely a male 4 pin connector.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back