Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RGB LED controller for hot tub

Status
Not open for further replies.

IC28

Good morning,

Was wondering if anyone had any insight into the issues going on with this light controller for my Vita Spa L100 hot tub. When I first got the tub used, the lights would change colors every 10 seconds or so. Eventually it no longer did that and stopped on a blue color. The button for controlling the lights on and off still works. It take one press to turn the lights on and two presses to turn them off from the spa controller. It is obviously stuck in one output and no longer timing and then switching. Should I look to the large capacitor first or something else like the IC? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 20210403_173427.jpg
    20210403_173427.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 222
  • 20210403_200757.jpg
    20210403_200757.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 216
Always verify that fault is not a corrosion or connection problem. Clean everything, unplug everything, magnify.

Thanks Ramondo, I cleaned the board and checked for poor connections. Everything seemed pretty solid. Will continue to investigate.

My hot tub had a similar color changing LED. If you hit the on button twice quickly it would lock the color on that
was being displayed. you had to hit the button quickly twice again to make the color cycle again.
There may be nothing wrong with the light controller.

Terry_g, I had looked thru the manual many times and played around with the settings before. Your post made me look through newer versions of the tubs manuals. Bingo! Press and hold till it goes into program mode and go to option L=6 and it will do the gradual color change mode. I feel silly but THANK YOU for getting me looking in the right place.

Attachments

• 3DD4CB66-EB9D-4449-B690-0939B47D8C4D.png
    3DD4CB66-EB9D-4449-B690-0939B47D8C4D.png
    893.7 KB · Views: 202
I’ll take it for sure.... but like I said it was nowhere to be found in my manual. I had to go to a similar newer model to find it. Just saying lol. Thanks to all.

I’ll take it for sure.... but like I said it was nowhere to be found in my manual. I had to go to a similar newer model to find it. Just saying lol. Thanks to all.

Statler and Waldorf can't help it. It's what they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back