Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RFID tags and Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solosyll

I am working on an RFID project and I cant find RFID reader or Tag modules, please if someone knows how to cheaply design one please let me know, thanks

I meant one i don't have to import parts!

I think every part must imported since as far as I know there are no locally fabricated components. Don't feel bad about this, I'm not even sure that the stuff is made here in North America any more. We're all standing around trying to serve hamburgers to each other.

I think every part must imported since as far as I know there are no locally fabricated components. Don't feel bad about this, I'm not even sure that the stuff is made here in North America any more. We're all standing around trying to serve hamburgers to each other.

is RF module easy to build (both transmitter and receiver) ??
or should I go for FM transmission ?

My personal opinion is that they are not easy to build. Modern manufacturing techniques make building things yourself economically foolish. Even if the components are available it takes considerable skill to design, layout, fabricate, and assemble RF circuits. The test equipment required will quickly empty your wallet.

FM transmitter is easy to build than RF transmitter,
but again it depends on your end application.
Since they are essentially the same thing, this statement cannot be accurate. If anyone disagrees I invite them to offer a convinving argument on why they are different.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back