Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RFID Tag - Reader compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I'm relatively new to the electronic community and have hit a roadblock on a project of mine and i'm hoping someone can help!

I'm looking to set up a PIC controlled RFID HF reader which will communicate with an RFID tag within a range of approximately 8 meters. i've done some digging but I can't seem to find out what criteria I need to consider to make sure tag and reader are compatible with one another. It could be i'm looking in all the wrong places but and chance anyone could help me?

I thought it was just checking to make sure they operated on the same frequency and the tag is in range of the reader or should I also consider whether they're from the same manufacturer or does this not matter? Anything else I should consider?

Finally, would there be anything I should consider when determining an antenna to use with the reader?

Sorry if these questions are easily answerable, i've been looking for a while but just can't seem to find anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back