Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RFID reader and tag ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spaceflunk

Hey.
I am about to make a project at school where it is needed to transmit an ID fra serverel obejcts into my circuit. Ive found out that i could use RFID, but is it possible to buy i kit, which doesent require a computer, And that i can read the ID, maybe in binary? Or should i use something else then RFID?

THank you !

You may want to look elsewhere than RFID. I am looking through my Digi-Key catalog at evaluation kits. They are all computer-based, and the least expensive from Texas Instrument is $284.29 (part # 481-1039).

As an alternative, you might think about using IR. Your exernal devices could send coded flashes back in response to a query from the main station. That's lots easier than trying to do RF work.

Well it is meant to track when some gocart's are crossing a goalline. So IR would not be very smart because of dirt and so.

I've heard that the Maxstream zigbee transceivers that you can get for about $25 from Digikey are pretty good. They are actually for sending any info, not just ID and sort of replace an RS232 link with RF which is quite flexible.

Do a search at Digikey's site for "maxstream zigbee" and check out their ready-made modules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back