RFID reader and tag ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spaceflunk

Hey.
I am about to make a project at school where it is needed to transmit an ID fra serverel obejcts into my circuit. Ive found out that i could use RFID, but is it possible to buy i kit, which doesent require a computer, And that i can read the ID, maybe in binary? Or should i use something else then RFID?

THank you !

You may want to look elsewhere than RFID. I am looking through my Digi-Key catalog at evaluation kits. They are all computer-based, and the least expensive from Texas Instrument is $284.29 (part # 481-1039).

As an alternative, you might think about using IR. Your exernal devices could send coded flashes back in response to a query from the main station. That's lots easier than trying to do RF work.

Well it is meant to track when some gocart's are crossing a goalline. So IR would not be very smart because of dirt and so.

I've heard that the Maxstream zigbee transceivers that you can get for about $25 from Digikey are pretty good. They are actually for sending any info, not just ID and sort of replace an RS232 link with RF which is quite flexible.

Do a search at Digikey's site for "maxstream zigbee" and check out their ready-made modules.

Heres a great priced RF tag reader

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Simple to interface with too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…