Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RFID Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff_5_7

ok i have looked around on the net and want to do somthing new with RFID. I just want a passive tag and a reader and just want to send a true of false singal based off the tag distance from the reader.

So i would like a small square thin passive tag like 2inX2in i think i have seen ones like this that are sticky on the back easy to stick to a product.

And i need a reader for the tag. I want it to work to where if the tag is within like 5 feet of the reader it says yes if gets father thatn 5 ft away the reader says no. i hope you get my point i think its kinda simple i think. I need to reader to run a simple swich. So when the reader reads yes it closes the switch completing the circuit and when it reads no it opens the switch opening the circuit.

also what fequnecy should i be using on my tag and reader. One thing im not sure about is how to set the distance thing. so it will work within the 5 foot range and when its 5 feet 1in away it wont work. How can i do this ???

my question is where can i buy this from and about how much will it cost.
i have my general idea i just cant find the right tag and reader of the right size and all thanks

Last edited:
Try a quick google search for anti theft tag.

Where can you buy it from ? Where are you ?

Go out of your house turn left travel 240 yards turn right go to XXXXXXXXX store and there you go.

Last edited:
is it that easy i have been searching google but cant find excatly what i want i have been having a little trouble with it

and i was asking for website to buy it from

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back