Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RFID etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kubeek

Most Helpful Member
Hi guys,

I am venturing into the realm o RF, more specifically I am doing my thesis on emulating an RFID card with 13.56MHz carrier frequency.

I wold appreciate if you could point me to some books etc. concerning antenna design (probably closed loop) and RF power transfer.

Also, I had this idea. Usually the RFID antenna circuit is a parallel LC resonator. But since the reader and card coils are in a configuration similar to a transformer, why does the receiver need to be in resonance, and can´t simply use just the inductor? Is it because without the capacitor there wouldn´t be enough voltage amplitude to power anything?
Edit/Delete Message

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back