Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF remote control

Status
Not open for further replies.

funkydyb

Hi guys and girls,
I am a new member in the forum....
my name is Sherif.
I wish that any one could help me.I am trying to make a small robot which moves in any direction and get small things...
The problem is that I want 2 use RF remote control 2 control the robot .....for sorry I searched the net for a simple circuit but I didn't find what I want (circuit pic,work,diagram,components...)
So If anyone could help I would be pleasent
Sherif :D

Thank U very much for your help.....
it is a very good site.
I wish that U can inform me about other sites.
:D

LYNX RF has a decent selection of ready to go RF modules in small SMT packages(designed to still be hand solderable), I believe Rentron sells some of the LYNX modules pre-mounted to small PC boards.They are cheap, very easy to work with and commonly available.

**broken link removed**

Another word of advice when ordering RF modules, check to see if the distributor your ordering from will take returns on them. I recently lost over a hundred dollars on a set of units that couldnt be returned. Long story short I built the complete cicruit on PBC and used a cradle to attach the modules to see if they functioned and they didnt. After contacting tech support on the site I was told to solder them into place since the problem was probably from the stray capacitance in the cradles(I was aware at the time that you shouldnt breadboard RF units but I wanted to test them before soldering). Soldered them and still nodda, so I contacted tech support again asking for a replacment, alas they didnt offer replacements or refunds on any RF units soldered or not.

Jerran said:
Another word of advice when ordering RF modules, check to see if the distributor your ordering from will take returns on them. I recently lost over a hundred dollars on a set of units that couldnt be returned. Long story short I built the complete cicruit on PBC and used a cradle to attach the modules to see if they functioned and they didnt. After contacting tech support on the site I was told to solder them into place since the problem was probably from the stray capacitance in the cradles(I was aware at the time that you shouldnt breadboard RF units but I wanted to test them before soldering). Soldered them and still nodda, so I contacted tech support again asking for a replacment, alas they didnt offer replacements or refunds on any RF units soldered or not.

A lot probably depends on the country you're in (you haven't entered your location in your profile), but in the UK you have various 'rights' when you buy things. There seems no reason to believe the modules might be faulty, you may be doing something wrong? - but the suppliers should be willing to check them for you, and replace them if they are faulty.

Or, test them yourself, a couple of batteries and a meter are all you need, plus a few bits of wire to connect them - the layout shouldn't be very critical, the difficult part is all done in the module.

What if I want 2 make them by myself??
Do u know any site which provides diagrams or schematics for those who want 2 make RF modules by themselves?
(Including components,explanation,pictures...)

funkydyb said:
What if I want 2 make them by myself??
Do u know any site which provides diagrams or schematics for those who want 2 make RF modules by themselves?
(Including components,explanation,pictures...)

Some of the manufacturers datasheets give the circuit diagrams, but it's not really a practical proposition to build them yourself - at UHF frequencies layout is critical, most of the modules are built on ceramic thick film substrates.

You also have the problem over licencing, presumably ones you built yourself would have to be tested and approved as licence free.

I know it is somehow difficult to make it by myself...
But I am from Egypt. And as U should know,it is difficult to buy such circuits here....
Also I can't order it by mail,cause credit card is not comonly used in here so I don't have one
:?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back