Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF or IR Lap Timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

chunkysoup

I was wondering if anyone had any information on an RF or IR Lap timer?

I am looking to build a timer that would keep track of seperate times in a relay race (flyball for dogs actually). I found a software program that would interface via the parallel port so that would be my connection point.

I was originally thinking about a collar transmitter that would time the dog as soon as it broke the start line to when it came back..problem is i would need 4-5 different freq. One for each dog...and a very small narrow range. as it would have to activate it when they run past at the start and the end.

Does this make any sense?? I have found one setup with laser pointers and IR phototransistors that I might try..but the best way (i think) to go about this is RF. I figure i could probably buy the transmitter but I would need to make or at least modify the receiver.

Any ideas?

chunky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back