Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF Modules from China

Status
Not open for further replies.

4pyros

Most Helpful Member
Does this list help?: http://jap.hu/electronic/rf.html#ISM-modules

and

http://www.linxtechnologies.com/

My next question is how many channels and what for: www.linearcorp.com makes some very nice security modules.
Take a look here: **broken link removed**

The DXSR-1508 is an 8 channel receiver and it's very nice to set up. I have one in the works that I'm going to use for a doorbel and a motion sensing water recirculator.

They do have an 8 channel transmitter. I think you can make it ON/OFF or pulse for the outputs. The output is transistors.

I already have the DXS series transmitters in the house as part of a PERS alarm system.

With battery monitoring from the base, it's pretty foolproof. The transmitters have to check in every once in a while. Each transmitter has to be registered with the base.

I uploaded a pic of my DIN rail BAR for what I have planned. I'm going to break it down into two sections.
The white thing is the DXS1508 which I attached a DIN rail mount to and the immediate thing to the left is nothing but a D connector breakout and then two DIN rail mountable 4 channel relay modules.

The little green gizmo to the right is going to be the supervisory alarm/light and cut off.

Then there are a few breakers, outlets etc. There will be a DIN rail RS232 power line interfaces and a small web server mounted to the DIN rail when I get done.

It's going to get broken up a bit and added too as well so it may contain a USB Hub and USB serial server.
Just not there yet.

Attachments

• P1010420 (640 x 480).jpg
    P1010420 (640 x 480).jpg
    69 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
What I Want

Cheep as in dont cry if it gets blown up, under $10.
4 or 6 digital I/Os, no buttons and no relays.
Output data lines should be non latching.
Does not have to be that secure.
100 meter or so range.
5-12 VDC.

Last edited:
Cheep as in dont cry if it gets blown up, under $10.
4 or 6 digital I/Os, no buttons and no relays.
Does not have to be that secure.
100 meter or so range.
5-12 VDC.

Presumably these are simple remote control modules, not data transfer modules? - is that what you're wanting?.

Here is one of the china manufacters;
**broken link removed**
This seems like what I want but vary little specs on there web site. Like whats the pin out. Looking at the encoder chip it has 4 data lines.
It seems like most of the china web sites are like this. how can thay sell anything?
Even the contact email does not work! and some of the pages are not in english!
Andy

Last edited:
I have fould some on Ebay with some more info. Has no one tried these???

OK being leary of the China modules being only supplyed by one vender. I dont think thay will be a good choice for develipment. I kept looking and eventuly found some all in one chips made by Linx Technologies a reputable company. The KH2 series **broken link removed** has good specs and is readily available. The cost is about the same as the China units on EBay but thay have 8 data I/O lines and should not disappear after a year if I need more. I am going to ask for samples and see how well thay will work. Keep you all posted.
PS thank you KISS for the link early on. I looked quick at first but did not see the ones with the intergated encoders and decoders untill after alot of other web surffing.
Andy

4pyros:
These guys either advertise in Nuts and Volts or Circuit Cellar or both. That's why I suggested them.

Good luck with your project.

KISS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back