Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF module 418 KHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

yak103

Hi ...
Is there anyone familiar with RF module ???
Basically, I am palnning to build a circuit that controles the 4 way traffic lights ... actually i have got the idea how to build it .. So i have used already the IC4017 and 555timer ... and the circuit works very well .. However I would like to add RF module to use a remote control to control the sequence of the lights .. can anyone help me with design of the RF module to my circuit ..

Thanks

418 kHz is an unusual choice. Can you give us some background on this?

To start you on your RF design career, can you tell me what the wavelength of a 418 KHz. signal is, and so how long an antenna you will need for a halfwave dipole. It also should be at least a quarter wavelength above the ground.

actually not in KHz but in MHz ...
and you can chick this website to see what I mean :
**broken link removed**
i would like to build the method but i am going to use it for 4 way traffic lights
thanks

yak103 said:
actually not in KHz but in MHz ...
and you can chick this website to see what I mean :
**broken link removed**
i would like to build the method but i am going to use it for 4 way traffic lights
thanks
Yes well it does help to be precise when talking about RF

As with any integrated circuit, module or sub-assembly, the first step to integrating such a thing into your design is to select one that appears to have the right characteristics and then study its data sheet. The module in the photograph example that you linked is similar to this one:

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2006/11/RXD-315-KH418433.pdf

which appears to be available from Digikey for about $20. This module is a receiver and decoder, so you will also need to purchase a transmitter that works at the same frequency. I hope that you know how to find such a thing using Digi-key's search engine. Start by using the key word "Linx" which is the manufacturer of these modules.

The data sheet will show you many things including a block diagram of how the module works, programming information and interfacing information, as well as antenna design data. My advice to you is to download this data sheet, and read it.

First thing is to dump the 1970's chips, and use a micro-controller for the entire project - you need one for the remote control, so why not use it to do everything?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back