Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF guided missile control. sorry need some ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bigkim100 said:
I have a really funny feeling that a terrorist would not admit that they were a terrorist. If you dont want to hear from the peanut gallery...then discuss your ideas in private, dont post it were hundreds of people can see it...and therefor comment on it... jackass.
I think that in this current state of affairs with terrorists, and bombing, its a bit strange to make a posting about any sort of missile PERIOD, in any way, shape or form. Its a bit like joking that you have a bomb under your jacket when going through security in a airport. Its even stupider to attempt to help out such poster. If its only a toy that you wish to do this with ...then just say that its a toy...and dont be stupid.

Well. in my opinion this was more of toy project, with very little fear of something that would come of it, would be a threat anytime in the next year or two. I outlined a few ideas and listed several sections that would need to be developed. Was trying to point out that this was no simple small project, and would get expensive, and take many months for a group of people.

I've never left the United States, born and raised in the USA. I don't like the idea that going to any public place, could be a terrorist attack. President Bush has the right idea, take the offense, and shut it down. The mideast countries having living with it for hundreds of years. You can live your life in fear and paranoia, I choose not to let the terrorist win that battle with me.

Now, you mention something about being stupid... Now, if you don't believe a terrorist would admit or introduce himself as such in his posts, why would you believe he would post the actual intent of his project? Not to mention the content of your posts. You express yourself like an angry child, but reference events that put to much, much older. It's not something I can put off on your cultural background, the other canadians of this forum don't rant and rave like this. My father use to get like this when he was leaning on the bottle a little heavy...

"You express yourself like an angry child, but reference events that put to much, much older. It's not something I can put off on your cultural background, the other canadians of this forum don't rant and rave like this. My father use to get like this when he was leaning on the bottle a little heavy...[/QUOTE]"

Once again...you have chosen to berate the way that I have put my point accross, instead of the message. DONT JUST READ....COMPREHEND!.
Quite frankly I was concerned about the fact that this could be reported to the CIA, or any other security service....which would be a incredible pain in the ass, for you and the original poster. At no time did I call you stupid, I called the original poster stupid for using a reference to a guided missile of any sort....and I still stand by it, in the current hysteria of threats against the US. I think I explained this now twice......and if you cannot comprehend that someone was actaually attempting to help you out by pointing this out....then so be it, it will be the last time I respond to such things.

"It's not something I can put off on your cultural background, the other canadians of this forum don't rant and rave like this."

Im sorry that I responed like this ,from now on, Ill remember that in the American newsgroups you have to be all warm and huggy, and absolutely pasturized, like a mother to a retarded child, as any sort of sarcasm, or a sharp retort is taken absolutely the wrong way with hurt feelings, instead of it being taken as a good natured jab between 2 adult males .
I guess thats something about your cultural background, as I have responded this way to other Americans in this newsgroup, and they seem to be able to hold their ground, intellectually against me, without reacting the way you have.

"My father use to get like this when he was leaning on the bottle a little heavy..."

And as far as relating me being a bit too "passionate" in my reply....then relating that to drinking, or anything else like it....I have 2 small children, I do not drink..do drugs....etc....NOR HAVE I EVER...PERIOD!. ...not even a bottle of beer after work.
If you would have made a comment like this about anyone else here in the community in regards to drinking excessivly...I probibly would have warned you about slander.

Last edited:
Okay, but you've been on a rage for almost a week now, since I made a comment about Canadians (x-ray glasses thread I think), and said I was sorry about it.

True "guided-missles" is a bad choice of words, and not entirely accurate. It's the moderator's job to kill inappropriete and illegal threads. Most of the posts in the thread have almost nothing to do with the actual project.

Slander? Do you remember any of the crap you've posted in the past 5 days?

HarveyH42 said:
True "guided-missles" is a bad choice of words, and not entirely accurate. Most of the posts in the thread have almost nothing to do with the actual project.
I dunno, but I'd venture to say that an atomic dildo is fairly close to that of a guided missle.

HarveyH42 said:
Okay, but you've been on a rage for almost a week now, since I made a comment about Canadians (x-ray glasses thread I think), and said I was sorry about it.

True "guided-missles" is a bad choice of words, and not entirely accurate. It's the moderator's job to kill inappropriete and illegal threads. Most of the posts in the thread have almost nothing to do with the actual project.

Slander? Do you remember any of the crap you've posted in the past 5 days?

no offense harv but how can you be so sure that it's not entirely accurate??? I posted the other thread to ask the question and all you did was mock it. These are serious issues that we should be thoughtful about rather than minimizing them. "not a serious threat" are some truely sad last words...

And, yes, it is the mod's job but that kind of attitude is, simply put, bad citizenship. If a guy you've never seen is eyeing your neighbor's house, do you say "it's the police's job to worry about that"? I'd hope not...

Agressive and bad mannered posts deleted by moderator. This type of behaviour won't be tolerated on the forums!.

As this thread is going nowhere, it's also locked!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back