Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Rewind on tape deck grinds

Status
Not open for further replies.

electrowilly

I have a Onkyo Dual Cassette Deck TA-W55. Everything works fine except the rewind on the record side of the deck. It has real trouble getting going when I press the rewind button. It kind of grinds. Sometimes if I press the button real hard the tape rewinds perfectly with no grinding. Any suggestions? If it requires cleaning and lubrication what type of cleaner do I buy that will not harm the rubber or the tape recording surfaces? Thanks. Bill

Can you even get parts for it anymore? It's been years since I've seen a cassette for sale.
ION makes a tape to USB converter for digitizing old tape collections. Might be a good idea before all the rubber bits completely wear out (they will).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back