Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reversing plug polarity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

This reminds me of two other things too...

1. Molex pins. I have a tool for this though, but they have two "tangs" not just one. The tool compresses both.
2. Tie wraps. Anyone here ever try to remove a tie wrap so that you can use it over again ? :)
That sounds kind of funny but it's the same principle. You stick a pin in the right place and push back the tang then you can open the tie wrap.
I also have stainless steel tie wraps that i have done this with, and it is more economical with those type if you can get them apart and use them again as they are more expensive. For the plastic ones i just wanted to see if it was possible and found that it is, but you have to be careful not to ruin the tie wrap.

BTW, spec, 'tang' is the word i was looking for and could not remember that :)

If you use a small screw driver you can often prise up the little pawl on tie wraps.

Funny how we all seem to do similar things.

Were I live the lamp posts are covered in expensive stainless steel tie wraps that once held signs.

When no one is looking I sometimes collect a few of them, but I wear a high viability jacket safety glasses and hard hat with LARSON written on it.

It is amazing how dress can influence people and what you can get away with in the correct uniform.

If I am making a big purchase from a builders merchant I always wear the gear, that is if I haven't already set up a business account with them anyway.

At one instance I needed a new fitted cooker and asked the manager of a local building supplier for a quote. He came back with around £700UK (retail price about £1,500UK). I was shocked by how low the quote was and said, 'Christ... The manager immediately reduced his quote a further £50UK.:D

The builders merchants in this area are great fun and so willing to help- I love dealing with them.

spec

Hi spec,

OH, that was you out there that night? he he :)

Yeah the little screwdriver, i forgot about that. I have one now with a real tiny blade i bet would work good.

You're lucky where you live over here it's like you cant trust any of them. Even the post office is questionable now. I have a package with a tool in it that is delayed now by a full week because of those jerks combined with FedEx which are also very strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back