Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Retail Stores Electronic Parts MI/WI/MN

Status
Not open for further replies.

rapid

I will be passing thru Flint Michigan, thru Northern Michigan, over to Green Bay, WI and on to Duluth before returning to Canada.

Would like to shop for electronic PARTS (ICs, transistors) not components (stereos) but have been unable to get Yellow Pages on the net to tell the difference.

I know this area is probably not the best area to shop this kind of stuff but can anyone recommend any walk-in retail (surplus?) electronic stores along this route? Mail order across the border a problem and expensive but will do that after I get back if unable to find what I need this trip.

Thanks.

Where are you crossing?? Emerson,Mb ???
If so, detour to Thief River Falls, Mn , and there you will find DIGIKEY.
They have a walkin outlet up front.
And if not, just place your order and you will receive it in 24hrs at home.

Thief River Falls, MN , is north of I-94, so maybe small detour for you?Depending where your crossing.

By the way, I get all my parts from DIGIKEY, and they are very competetive.
Expensive? how much are you purchasing?
And also, after 48 hrs in states, Canada Customs allows you over 500$ duty free.

I hope this helps you.
Good Luck.

P.S. Shipping fees are minimal. Unless you order large quantities. And even at that, If I remember correctly, Digikey is free shipping via Purolator.

If I place an order online with Digikey's or Newarkinone's Canadian website before 8:00PM, it is delivered by courier the next morning. Large orders might allow Post Office delivery for free but it might take a week.
The courier charge isn't much.
If the order is really small (below $25.00CAN) then they charge a "handling charge".

You can select the lowest price if you want for the same item from many manufacturers.

The price in Canadian dollars includes the rate of exchange from American dollars and customs and brokerage, and is about the same as you would purchase in the 'States.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back