Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Result differ. from the simulation (ne5534)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zefiris2K5

Hello everybody,
I'm new in this field and I will try as hard as I can to love this field.
And, for the question is why the result from the real world different from the simulation. Currently, I experimenting an negative feedback OP-Amp using ne5534. I've follow the schematic and assign the Cc = 47pf, 22pF, 0pF (according to the datasheet). None of the configuration show the result of amplification (including the inverted signal).

Attachments

• ne5534_test_datasheet.png
    ne5534_test_datasheet.png
    41.5 KB · Views: 8,671
It looks like you forgot to add negative feedback and an input voltage reference.

Attachments

• ne5534.png
    ne5534.png
    20.4 KB · Views: 8,234
I have do that.....just forgot to include....

Attachments

• ne5534_simulation.png
    ne5534_simulation.png
    39.7 KB · Views: 1,209
Your schematic has a gain of only 2. The NE5534 will oscillate without a compensation capacitor for a gain less than 3.
The value of your offset adjustment pot is 5 times too high.
What is your tested result and what is your simulated result?

The result of ne5534 from ti:
o/p = 72mV without invert signal

and the result of ne5534 from phillips:
o/p = 480mV without invert signal

Also, I have tested configuration of gain = 22(r4=1k,r5=22k) and the result quite same.

forgot to mention that I've also put the Cc with the value 47pf, 22pf and 0pf

Adjust the offset voltage pot. That's what it is there for.

Anyway...I've solved the problem. Looks like my ne5534 has burned. The result from the experiment as expected. Thanks for the help...... :oops: :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back