Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

resseting or recovering a password

Status
Not open for further replies.

t.man

hi! guys I'm in trouble, i've forgotten my password and i can't log into my laptop now.

can someone know of any mechanism to recover or reset a password?

i desperately need some help.

Google "Forgot admin password"

i tried to use the Repair method, but the OS repair can only provide repair using console method.

anyone know how to solve this?

Not sure. If it is Xp, do not click on "repair using console".Go on with install windows option until it detects current installed os. Then you will get another repair option that'll take another 45mins to complete. But not sure whether the admin password will be reset.

Not sure. If it is Xp, do not click on "repair using console".Go on with install windows option until it detects current installed os. Then you will get another repair option that'll take another 45mins to complete. But not sure whether the admin password will be reset.

when i press enter to install it it does not provide repairing option, but i get this message: you are trying to install the Os on a partition that already contains an OS. installing multiple operating systems on a single partition is not recommended.

then it gives option to cancel or continue.

when i press enter to install it it does not provide repairing option, but i get this message: you are trying to install the Os on a partition that already contains an OS. installing multiple operating systems on a single partition is not recommended.

then it gives option to cancel or continue.

Depends on the install CD that you use. Some offer repair options, some don't. I guess that are certain checks (undocumented) to see if a repair option should be offered.

You may want to try Hiren Boot CD, it offers various tools to recover Windows password. If no luck, your best bet is to backup all your data and re-install the OS from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back