Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Respectively asking for help with oven circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dlb1964

Thanks in advance for looking at my post.

I’ve been scouring the Internet trying to understand how to wire up my control panel to run my cerakote oven. I had the basic schematic figured out until the contactor was thrown into the mix.

The oven specs are 120 volts, 1900 watts, and I’m using a PID controller, SSR, a Contactor, and a couple terminal blocks. I’m wanting to independently control a fan and the heat via switches or breakers.
I had planned on using latching push button switches for controlling the fan and heating element but then was told there was a short life expectancy for a switch directly used as a straight on/off method for a high amp type element.

So I also have single pole breaker switches, which I’d like to pair with LED indicators.

I’ve attached my crude diagram and I’m hoping someone can help me figure out the right design.

Attachments

• oven.png
    oven.png
    12.4 KB · Views: 125
So long as the switches you use are rated for the respective voltage & current you'll get the lifetime the switch is specified for, for good quality items this can be 100's of 1000's of cycles.

So long as the switches you use are rated for the respective voltage & current you'll get the lifetime the switch is specified for, for good quality items this can be 100's of 1000's of cycles.

The lighted push button switches are only rated at 10A which are technically rated much lower than the element. For the fan it will be fine. That’s why I was told to use breakers for switches I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back