Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Resonance follower and adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I'm working on a very interesting project in the field of the free-energy: the building of a MEG (Motionless Electric Generator).

I've already made many parts of my project and now I'm in the phase of the tuning.

What I need is a schematic which can accomplish two needs:
  1. to sense the resonant state of both sides of a coil, made of a primary and a secondary side - a resonance follower
  2. to adapt/adjust the capacitance (or the inductance) of the secondary side of my coil when a variable load is connected (e.g. an inductive load) - a resonance tuner
In the field of the radio (both transmission and receive) this is a common function but in my case I have to deal with the power and not with a signal: the most difficult thing, for me, is that I have to manage high voltage spikes (10-30 kV) and, sometimes, with valuable amperage (5-20 A).

Let me give a simple example: I have a transformer (for the sake of simplicity) which I make it to oscillate, on the primary side, with a function generator, square wave, 35 kHz (there is a driver and a mosfet in the middle between the fgen and the transformer, but this is not important now); I've found the correct capacitance to get both the primary side and secondary side to resonate but, once an inductive load is connected on the secondary side an imbalance occurs and the resonance is lost... of course I can adjust that imbalance using a new capacitor's value, accordingly with my load but...unfortunately, the load is not always the same: sometimes I have one kind of load, some other times there is another kind of load.

The kind of load, in my application, is unpredictable: in some cases they aren't inductive but, instead, capacitive or resistive!

So I thought to the varicap (varactor) which can be voltage-controlled by a micro (Arduino in my case) but these kind of components have a so low capacitance values (in the order of few pF) that this makes them useless for my purposes. Furthermore, in the presence of so high voltage peaks, they will be destroyed in microseconds!

Could someone give a viable solution?

Many, many thanks in advance,

Fabrizio

I have seen many over unity claims and none validated with professional Test Engineering methods. Forget about Varactors or Varicaps, you need really big power diodes for large Vr controlled capacitance, but that likely wont be enough.

The challenges of measuring true power with large impulses is great and in every case I found flawed methods. The ones with many magnets are drawing energy from the rare earth magnets.

None the less large variable capacitors are not a common commodity and switchable capacitor banks for 60Hz are common but the challenges for RF are great. So Broadcasters use tuning baluns with transmission lines for tuning antenna with MW of RF.

Pulsed power is fraught with measurement errors unless using microwave methods with 50 Ohm high Return Loss, Low Ingress Coax. plus the need for extremely low ESR, low ESL, high Amps, then there is Partial Discharge, PD, from tribo-electric effects using high excitation voltage and current with dielectric that has excited voids or particles in a dielectric medium , then flashover risks on ionization of combustible gas generation can be explosive even at 600Vac with high power sources.

Before I even would consider starting to prove/disprove this experiment, I would research and model all properties of every material especially ionization effects and review accurate microwave test methods for power measurement.

Pure Mica is the best insulator but large oil filled transformer laminations use silicate coated steel which creates a capacitance between each layer about 1uF.
However in MIcrowave Oven transformers they short all this capacitance with a thin line of welding across one surface of insulated laminate edges.
HV dry transformers use deburred stagger layers with mica tape.

Hi Tony, I appreciated a lot your kind answer!

Please note that you're the ONLY one who took in account my request, since a long time and over many forums (where this thread has been closed abruptly with no reason by the moderators).

You demonstrated a sane and constructive approach, a collaborative spirit and so open mind: many thanks for this!

The fact that you didn't see any "validated by professional" running device yet can be due to a moltitude of factors, not object of this thread: we can discuss about that through a private mail if you desire.

My goal is to build such device, to test it by myself and to give the plans to the humankind for free so everyone will test them independently.

Relatively to the ionization issue, the problem doesn't exist in my case because I'm making use of a gas discharge tubes.

Last edited:
It will be easier if you resonant the secondary circuit only. Also instead of changing the capacitance or inductance to tune to the load, change the frequency of the driving generator. It can be done in closed loop using PLL.

Hi Zahwi, thanks for your answer, unfortunately to achieve overunity we have to resonate both sides...furthermore, in my application, the frequency has to be exactly 35 kHz.

Hi Zahwi, thanks for your answer, unfortunately to achieve overunity we have to resonate both sides...furthermore, in my application, the frequency has to be exactly 35 kHz.

As anyone can tell you, you're NOT going to achieve over-unity, it's obviously totally impossible.

Such crazy schemes also aren't suitable for discussion here, as it's a serious electronics site - there are plenty of sites out there catering for people who mistakenly believe in such things.

Hi again Zawhi, it is a bit complex to explain why and how the value of 35 kHz has been chosen by me so, if you're really interested in this, let me suggest to study the Donald Lee Smith's approach and the many rrplicas of its work. I've a bit improved his research adding some of my intuitions which will be posted publicly as soon as I will have tested by myself. Overunity is a reality but it disturb the big economic interests, that's why it has been hidden, since nowadays, by many.

Nigel, please, mine was a serious and professional request: it is not important if my goal is to achieve overunity or to make a radio tuner...resonance is resonance! What I asked for is a resonance follower, nothing more. Don't do the same error that other moderators did: to close a thread only because the words free-energy and overunity where present in the post: it's a blind, closed-mind behaviour! Let the skilled people decide if my posts have to be ignored or not... I have a lot of respect for everyone, for their ideas, even if I'm unable to understand it. I think, as a human, to deserve the same respect, expecially because my research is dedicated to all of the human race so, you're included.

Nigel is correct, and if you ever studied physics you should know that overunity is impossible for many reasons, namely the conservation of energy and entropy. That being said, we do not have any rules saying you cannot discuss overunity devices provided you back up your claims with scientifically proven concepts and discussions are kept civil. Eventually you will come to realize that your project still won't work, or at least that it won't produce more power than you put in. If done properly you will get a higher voltage on the output (The theory sounds very similar to that of a Tesla Coil) but the current will be much lower than the input. You're most definitely not going to get 600kW (30kV @ 20A) from a signal generator, and if you need to test it for yourself to learn that, then so be it.

Regards,
Matt

Nigel, please, mine was a serious and professional request: it is not important if my goal is to achieve overunity or to make a radio tuner...resonance is resonance! What I asked for is a resonance follower, nothing more. Don't do the same error that other moderators did: to close a thread only because the words free-energy and overunity where present in the post: it's a blind, closed-mind behaviour! Let the skilled people decide if my posts have to be ignored or not... I have a lot of respect for everyone, for their ideas, even if I'm unable to understand it. I think, as a human, to deserve the same respect, expecially because my research is dedicated to all of the human race so, you're included.

Sorry, just because you believe in the crazy claims out there, NONE of which have ever been proved or demonstrated, and all of which just use bamboozling pseudo-science to try and confuse such as yourself, doesn't mean it's a suitable subject for posting on here.

You ask for a 'resonance follower' - this is just more crazy pseudo-science, and doesn't mean anything.

Please note that you're the ONLY one who took in account my request, since a long time and over many forums (where this thread has been closed abruptly with no reason by the moderators).
Then arguing with the most senior moderator isn't the way to go..

I don't care too much for pipe dreams and you can discuss this as long as you want... BUT!!! When the reports start coming in, well then the thread will be locked.... FYI I have since had two!!!

Nigel is correct, and if you ever studied physics you should know that overunity is impossible for many reasons, namely the conservation of energy and entropy.
You ask for a 'resonance follower' - this is just more crazy pseudo-science, and doesn't mean anything.
I don't care too much for pipe dreams
If this subject is a taboo in this forum, why do we get to hear the supper moderators personal opinions about this subject?

Brothers (let me use this kind appellative), may I suggest to edit my initial post so any reference to the "disturbing" words will be removed? I'm a scientist, I've studied physics and because of that, I can firmly state that overunity and the principle of conservation of the energy are not in relation each other, simply because the word "overunity" cannot be applied in the closed systems! An overunity device uses a small portion of conventional energy (our power input) to activate a much larger transformation process which involves so many kinds of energies...mainly the negative ones (negative in the electric meaning, of course), then the spintronic ones, then the magnetic ones, then the microwave ones, the scalar wave ones, the antimatter and so on... You're right: this is not the right place to discuss about it. I apologize for having insurrected you: my fault for having used the right words in the wrong place, I beg your pardon!!!

I didn't killed anyone, nor offended anyone, just asked for a professional advice. But probably, as Tesla said, the moment isn't arrived yet: not because we don't have the tech but, instead, because we were conviced about the limits that someone, 2 centuries ago, wrote on some academic papers, still taught until today. Luckily in the past, remote or recent, men like Nikola Tesla, Floyd Sweet, Donald Lee Smith, Edward Leedskalnin - to cite just few - made an opposition to those "limited" points of view, giving us the opportunity to see that there is "other" out there, to be investigated and experienced: it's a choice of us, everybody of us, to choose the correct path for the truth.

I do not want to convice anyone: I'm not a Messia, I'm a little, insignificant scientific researcher who have choosen to explore behind the things, looking for an help where my knowledge, my skills, don't allow me to proceed further.

If there is someone who can give such help I will be glad very much, if someone other wants to ban me for my ideas he will be welcome anyway, it's a free world.

Perhaps it isn't. Not yet.

If this subject is a taboo in this forum, why do we get to hear the supper moderators personal opinions about this subject?
True!! Its not a taboo subject! As I said, discuss it all you want, just don't fall out over it!! The reason they get locked or deleted is because "other members" complain.... Moderators then have to decide if the thread is to be moderated..

I would be the first happy bunny if someone discovered a truly free overunity design...

I'm always amazed by plans that presume that one can get more out of something (anything) than what was put in (overunity). Or, for that matter, unity, i.e., zero losses.

That said, however, there are no doubt sources of energy out there that, so far, we do not have the means of tapping or for that matter, even actually detecting ("dark" matter?!). The device(s) for these discoveries simply do not exist.

And therein lies the futility of discussions of this nature: The OP is attempting something using conventional, established components meant to tap this, as yet, un-tappable (sic) energy source.

So, until someone (perhaps the OP?) comes up with the equivalent to Ben Franklin's (bragging alert - an ancestor of mine) kite string, a discussion about a method for taking advantage of an elusive and unavailable power source, is moot.

In other words, fun to consider but doomed to failure :banghead:.

Just FYI: the Steorn company has just released on the market a couple of free-energy products... A no-recharge phone and an "eternal" energy box with no input... Prove that it's a scam/hoax ;-)

True!! Its not a taboo subject! As I said, discuss it all you want, just don't fall out over it!! The reason they get locked or deleted is because "other members" complain.... Moderators then have to decide if the thread is to be moderated..

I would be the first happy bunny if someone discovered a truly free overunity design...
I like your opinion. I'm glad to hear that at the same time that you passionately guard the rules you also preach a little tolerance to unusual discussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back