Resistor value

dtecky

Try to validate this resistor value: Green, Blue, Silver or Gray, Gold, Violet.
If looked at as a 5 band and saying the 3rd band is gray, it comes to 56.8 Ohms .10%
But it really doesn't look gray, it looks more silver to me. Any ideas?

Stick a meter across it and measure it - modern colours are often pretty confusing, as are tolerances below 5%.

At a 'guess' I'd say it's 0.5% tolerance, shown by the green band, simply because I use some 0.5% resistors, so I've experience with green.

But a quick google shows purple is 0.1% (I never knew that ), which makes it 5.69K

Reads open with the meter, hard to see, but the black mark is a burn mark.

What is it out of?, and what does it do? - it could be a fusible resistor, and has blown because something else has failed.

What is it out of?, and what does it do? - it could be a fusible resistor, and has blown because something else has failed.
It is out of a treadmill. It is the controller board. The resistor is part of the AC/DC circuit, off of the + side of the rectifier then a fuse, then the resistor, then a diode, which are all fine. Probably is a fusible resistor. Just little more information, the unit was off but working absolutely fine before this happened. When I turned it on it flashed by the on-off switch. And then it was dead.

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…