Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Resistor Type?

Status
Not open for further replies.

psb31

Unsure of this resistor type. From a Kenmore dryer. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• dres.jpg
    dres.jpg
    636.1 KB · Views: 185
Probably a small wire-wound power resistor. Depending on the size of the diode near it (for scale), 1 to 3 watts.

ak

It could be an axial inductor rather than a resistor, they often have green coated bodies; 88mH 20% if it is and I'm reading it right??
That would be a rather high value for an axial style like that - but equally, an 880,000 Ohms power resistor seems very unlikely.

It could be a custom fusible resistor marked with an ID number rather than value, I suppose/

Looks very old and looks like it's run very hot. If it's 880k as indicated then I'd guess it's in a high voltage part of the circuit. More information would help. Sourounding parts, scale etc,

Mike.

With time / temperature color-shifted bands, it could be 1.1, 2.2, or 3.3 ohms, all standard values.

ak

Thanks all for your input. I've added a second pic taken prior to the resistor failure. The color bands appear to have changed die to the failure. I just can't make out the colors to determine type.

Attachments

• dres3.jpg
    dres3.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 175
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back