Resistor Type?

Status
Not open for further replies.

psb31

Unsure of this resistor type. From a Kenmore dryer. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• dres.jpg
    636.1 KB · Views: 193
Probably a small wire-wound power resistor. Depending on the size of the diode near it (for scale), 1 to 3 watts.

ak

It could be an axial inductor rather than a resistor, they often have green coated bodies; 88mH 20% if it is and I'm reading it right??
That would be a rather high value for an axial style like that - but equally, an 880,000 Ohms power resistor seems very unlikely.

It could be a custom fusible resistor marked with an ID number rather than value, I suppose/

Looks very old and looks like it's run very hot. If it's 880k as indicated then I'd guess it's in a high voltage part of the circuit. More information would help. Sourounding parts, scale etc,

Mike.

With time / temperature color-shifted bands, it could be 1.1, 2.2, or 3.3 ohms, all standard values.

ak

Thanks all for your input. I've added a second pic taken prior to the resistor failure. The color bands appear to have changed die to the failure. I just can't make out the colors to determine type.

Attachments

• dres3.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 181
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…