Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Resistor Parasitic Capacitance and RF Operating point

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuseless

As a reference to my question; I know that a 10K ohm resistor that has a parasitic capacitance of .3pF at 200MHz will have a actual impedance value of 2.564K ohms. If this resistor is used in a bias network for an RF amplifier, how does this shift in resistance effect the RF operating point? What is the RF operating point? I know what the DC operating point is but I don't know what the RF operating point is.

You did not post your circuit, so my answer is not as good. Assume this resistor pulls the Base of a transistor up, the DC and the average voltage of the AC are the same. The RF will see a 0.3pF cap to the supply so some of the signal may be attenuated.

The RF operating point does not change because of the 0.3pF.

I can tell you that in some instances mounting a resistor on it;s side will reduce parsitic inductance and three resistors in series may have lless parasitic inductance than a single value. Tidbit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back