Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Resistor id and help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luno14

So I have a bud light speaker stand that has two burnt resistors inside I can't see the color bands since they are toasted however there is some printing on the board that says: 10R/0.05W. There is also another resistor that has that same number printed above it the only difference is it does not have the slash mark between the R and zero. Those color bands are (from left to right): gold, black, black and brown. Would someone please help me with the correct I'd of these resistors?

Just a guess but 10 ohm is a common value for a zobel network, usually placed on the o/p of an amp to try and keep it from oscillating at high frequency, if they are both toast then maybe theres something wrong with the input ground, or the speaker load impedance is too low.

A 0.05W resistor sounds unlikely?, and certainly not in a zobel network - they are usually one or more watts, and equal in resistance to the speaker load impedance.

But the OP gives no information to help him, a schematic would really help, but even a decent picture of the board would give us some kind of a clue.

Ooops yes I missed that, your right they are 2 w or so, and a decent orange drop cap too, I wonder if it really is 0.05w.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back