Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Resistor Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

shermaine

I would like to know if anyone had seem a wooden rectangular type of resistor with color coding on top?
I got these two coding:
(1) - - - - - - (Red)
_______ (Red)
_______ (blue)
_______ (Green)

(2) - - - - - - (red)
_______ (orange)
_______ (Green)
_______ (Brown)

Any idea? Please advise. Thanks.

A resistor made out of wood? Never heard of such a thing. Sounds like a Bad Idea.

I think you have those color codes backwards, and you need to look at the band spacing. One band will be spaced wider than the others, this will be the tolerance band (probably those red ones). Hold the resistor so that one is on the right, and read the bands left to right. The first one is probably 5.6k, the second 15k.

No. And you are suppose to say HAI GUYZ AM I DOON THIS RITE?
A wood resistor is made with the resistive conductive properties of some types of rare earth woods growing in the amazon forests. They are pretty costly..

The wood nymphs that protect those trees traditionally curse any object made from them. A friend of mine tried to use a rare earth amazon tree for a casemod and his computer turned into a giant snake and ate him.

That is very important. My friend has a huge collection of rare earth snakes. He's telling that all are trickily caught when somebody's casemod turned into snakes. He has made a lot of dollars out of rare earth snake shows. He only taught me to turn problems into dollars.

That is very important. My friend has a huge collection of rare earth snakes. He's telling that all are trickily caught when somebody's casemod turned into snakes. He has made a lot of dollars out of rare earth snake shows. He only taught me to turn problems into dollars.

Ts, ts, ts.!

Any more of those good ideas? :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back