Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

request samples from atmel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, would someone help me and send me free samples of atmega 16 and 168 from atmel and send them to egypt ? because atmel doesnt ship samples to egypt also im on debt and really dont have money to buy these uC . thanks alot if someone willing to do that let me know and i will send him my address in a PM .

many thanks

Hi, would someone help me and send me free samples of atmega 16 and 168 from atmel and send them to egypt ? because atmel doesnt ship samples to egypt also im on debt and really dont have money to buy these uC . thanks alot if someone willing to do that let me know and i will send him my address in a PM .

many thanks

That's wasn't very nice of them. If they are going to Hand-Out Freebies, they should hand deliver them to whoever says 'Please'. Maybe, just a couple of chip for your project wasn't worth the effort, perhaps you should have asked for a few of everything in production. Then you can sell the rest on Ebay, and get out of debt.

Sarcasm

www.Futurlec.com

ATMEGA16-16PC ATMega16 40-Pin 16MHz 16kb 1 $5.90
ATMEGA168V-10PI ATMega168V 28-Pin 10MHz 16kb 1 $3.70

Got a hunch shipping from the USA would be more than the price of the parts. I've never gotten any free parts from the manufacturers, just could bring myself to lying on the survey. I had to make do with what I could salvage, and save up for those special parts I couldn't find, when I was a teenage kid. I still salvage parts, and make do with what I have on hand. Over the past 7 or 8 years, I've been buying new parts, for projects I find on the internet. Usually enough to build at least two, so I have spares, or some to use on other projects later.

Just seems like a lot of work, for less than $10 in parts. You should look locally, they are fairly common chips. Maybe somebody has a few spares. I haven't used the Atmega series yet. The Attiny series does everything I need, and still much more. Sometimes I could use a couple more I/O pins...

Give Farnell a try - you will need to pay but that's life I'm afraid.
I would donate some myself if I had stock and the project was good - what is the project?

S.

You might get help from more people if you listed your country (or at least continent) in your UserCP. Someone might be just around the corner having parts but not knowing tht they could help.

It still doesn't appear in your UserCP. (A pet peeve of mine.)

Do you know how to update your UserCP?

Shows up now. In debt or not you should be able to afford a few UCs from a supplier that will ship to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back