Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Request: Project Suggestions about Hazard Mitigation using mobile phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivanonair

Dear sirs and ma'ams,

Could you suggest some projects that can avoid accidents or hazards
using our mobile phone? That can also use the power of sms or mms technology. Thanks in advance!

I think it would be a great project to encourage people not to talk and text on their mobile phones while driving. I think a great many people would be grateful if you could come up with something workable. What ideas come to mind?

Papabravo said:
I think it would be a great project to encourage people not to talk and text on their mobile phones while driving. I think a great many people would be grateful if you could come up with something workable. What ideas come to mind?

It's illegal in the UK, in actual fact it always has been (as radio hams would know), but there's been specific recent legislation making it illegal to use, with fixed fines and points on your licence.

Many of our ignition systems need a coded transponder response from the key to operate. All you would need to do is build an interlock in the cell phone that would prevent it from working when within, say, 1 meter of an ignition that was turned on. It could be designed to allow the "ringer" to work, but not allow communication until the ignition was turned off.

BTW: I am not crazy, just dreaming. Such a rule wouldn't have a ghost of a chance of being implemented in the US.
John

It would be better to disable input to the device while it's moving. Not just while driving, but walking or even (jackass) riding a bike. Personally, I think cell phones should ban from use in veiw of the public. It's a private conversation, keep it private...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back