Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Req: USB pen SW interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

amtalan

I want to use an USB pen to store data (no flash cards, too many pins) so I need an USB host device.

An USB host is normally associated with big controller (32bit) and separated USB controllers: too expensive!

Is possible to implement a subset of USB protocol by SW? Just to write data on the flash pen, not regarding the speed and the capability to connect multiple devices?

Best regards.

A.

:?: :?: :?:

I don't know about implementing USB host directly in a PIC. It could be possible, but I think you need at least a level converter. However Philips makes some USB chips with much USB logic inside. I looked at a USB device with serial interface (PDIUSBD11), no need for a large number of pins. Maybe you can find something similar for a USB host.

BR

Can't you just whip the memory chip out of the circuit?

It would be MUCH MUCH MUCH simpler?

if its a combined chip, your probably going to make it very painful and expensive, USB root is insainly difficult, just look at how far behind most linux distro's are in simple implimentations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back