Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[REQ] Frequency hopping transmitter and receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

junaid766

i want to make a frequency hopping AM transmitter and receiver .i want to know that how can i synchronize the receiver frequency

from Wikipedia:
--------------------------------
Basic algorithm

Typically, the initiation of an FHSS communication is as follows

1. The initiating party sends a request via a predefined frequency or control channel.
  2. The receiving party sends a number, known as a seed.
  3. The initiating party uses the number as a variable in a predefined algorithm, which calculates the sequence of frequencies that must be used. Most often the period of the frequency change is predefined, as to allow a single base station to serve multiple connections.
  4. The initiating party sends a synchronization signal via the first frequency in the calculated sequence, thus acknowledging to the receiving party it has correctly calculated the sequence.
  5. The communication begins, and both the receiving and the sending party change their frequencies along the calculated order, starting at the same point in time.
-----------------------------------------
To simplify things, you might want to simply use a predefined sequence of channels and program this sequence into both transmitter and receiver. Then the only issue is synchronization. I think the most common method is where the transmitter sends a command to "jump to next channel" and then goes ahead and does so. There must be a gap of time to allow the receiver to change channel too, a gap that must account for the time needed for the hardware to change frequencies and settle. If you are keen on efficiency, the frequency change can be triggered by a particular state being reached in a clock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back