Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Repurpose M/Wave blower motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmisko

Hello all, newbie here in need of some help.
I have a blower from a M/W I want to use as a blower for a set of Gas Logs. Firstly, it has 7 wires from the motor, 1 white which I know is the neutral and the others are, brown, violet, blue, yellow, orange, and red; how can I determine which is hi, med, low? Secondly, can this blower be connected directly to 120 v or does it have to be coupled with a capacitor or anything other item to work properly. See pics:
3480DCED-DA9A-4784-8AF5-4899FEF543C1.jpeg
F0231623-3DC7-4D1B-9166-13094AC41C27.jpeg

The label says it all.

10uF capacitor
3-speed (H, M, L).
Thermal protection switch

Screenshot_20191128-091604.png

Thanks gophers for the quick reply. I’m set if u could identify the different colors for the speeds. BTW where’s a good place to buy a 4 position multi switch. Thx again

Disregard my last post, I’m just not sure of the B labeled wire.

I have no idea either.

Neither did these guys...

Gophers, I got another question for you; can I use a 4 position fan wireless remote controller in lieu of a manual sw.

Last edited:
Gophers, I got another question for you; can I use a 4 position fan wireless remote controller in lieu of a manual sw.
Probably. I would give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back