Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reporting bugs in the new siteware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to an esteemed member of ETO:
Alec's First Law:-
Every problem has a solution (given the right information and resources).
I changed my email address for ETO about 15 minutes ago to the Cox account, but I am still getting notices on the Armstrong account and nothing on the Cox , yet. Aren't such changes almost instantaneous?John

BTW, during this trek, I read up a bit on MTU's. The Armstrong tech indicated basically that they are being phased out and almost are irrelevant at his provider.

You might find you get a load of backlog emails from the server. Mine were queued up from a few days ago and most appear to have come through now. New reply notifications *should* go through to your new account but that also depends on how quickly the blacklists on the servers are removed.

Yes, many more came to the Armstrong account. Felt like a cathartic. Still waiting for Cox. Thanks for replying, as that will be my test.

John

Still a glitch...

The blacklisting error appears to have been the main error and affected others, but it may not have been the initial problem that prevented me from getting emails from the Cox server . Fixing the blacklist immediately cured the problem on the Armstrong network (address ends in zoominternet.net). I switched to my other server (address ending in cox.net) and got no more emails last night. As described above, I am not confident in the quality of responses from the Cox technical service people. After that trial with Cox.net, I switched to an email address ending in ".org" (that address will be obvious) that uses the Cox server and received a few emails this morning with appropriate time stamps from threads I am subscribed to.

I then switched back to the Cox.net address and have not gotten e-mails for a subscribed thread. I believe that address may be corrupted at the ETO end and regardless of how many times I try to refresh it, it simply pulls up the old, corrupted address (a cookie?) and uses that. @EM, can you look into that possibility?

John

Nov 13 16:08:39 electro-tech-online postfix/smtp[22220]: 81A2536C354E: to=<****@cox.net>, relay=mx.east.cox.net[68.1.17.3]:25, delay=139210, delays=139208/0.01/2.7/0, dsn=4.0.0, status=deferred (host mx.east.cox.net[68.1.17.3] refused to talk to me: 554 eastrmimpi212 cox 68.233.249.134 blocked. Error Code: IPBL0100 - Refer to Error Codes section at http://postmaster.cox.net/confluence/display/postmaster/Error Codes for more information.)

I have requested the removal.

Thanks, EM.

I will also pass it along to Cox. I am not optimistic. The only time I have gotten any action from it is when I threaten to go to ATT (Cox and TimeWarner have Cleveland cable monopoly).

John

Looking at what EM has posted, the Cox servers were rejecting the ETO IP address as spam as it was listed on another blacklist. EM has asked this blacklist provider to remove the IP which should result in Cox allowing email back through their servers from ETO.

The blacklist problem appears to be fixed. I got 54 messages from ETO this morning that had been backlogged. Now, I have to deal with why Cox was so adamant in denying that it used any sort of blacklist. One of the service techs got quite snippy and proceeded to inform me about how she had been with Cox for more than 10 years and knew it had never used a blacklist. Of course neither she nor the second level tech would take the time to actually check. They could easily have solved that problem rather than pushing it off on others by giving false information.

I also got a junk email to the .org account from tg33@tgemail.iego.cn at Shanghai Jianping Dynamic Balancing Machine Company ( gundamqpy@hotmail.com ). That account is used rarely, and this is the first time in more than 10 years it has been hit with spam. One wonders how such private addresses are obtained. I hope ETO will leave those addresses in this response. Maybe Shanghai Jianping's buddies will scrape its addresses. Of course, the message began, "Hey guys," like so many posts on ETO.

John

An email address (the one I have to have by my email provider) that I maybe used a few times to send messages to myself is full of spam.

Somebody has to be harvesting them along their path or someone gets a list of names and tries to see if an email is valid.

Yep! Happening here as well... At home I use chrome with no problem... Firefox just shows the place mark..

Hi Ian,

Thanks for verifying that. Yes it is Firefox for me too.

And i also see that the "smilies" appear fine when i make a post, when i first post it, but then later when i come back to view the post and replies (maybe an hour or two later) the smilies are not to be found. I think they just dont show up anymore. Would be nice to see this fixed too, but given the choice the pictures not being viewable mid post is more important.

Might be a problem with the page number at the bottom too.

Is this going to be the longest thread in history? Looks like it will be
--> :) <--smilie between arrows.

A minute later:
After i saved that post with the smilie and came back a minute later, this is what i saw:
--> <--smilie between arrows.

In other words, no smilie anymore. When i go to edit it in the editor however the smilie reappears.

Last edited:
Would it be possible to improve the "word wrap" in the location field of the posters information.

Using throbscottle as an example, make it read:

Nuneaton,
Warwickshire, UK

rather than the right justified mashup as shown in the attachment.

JimB

Address word wrap.JPG

When I click on a thread to read it, it opens at the bottom of the page with the cursor blinking in the reply box. How do I get it to open at the top of the page at the first post like it used to?

When opening a thread it always goes to the bottom of the page.

I thought that problem might iron its self out. I am also using IE8.
It opens at the top of the page and stays there long enough to read the first sentence, then goes to the bottom with the cursor blinking in the reply box. Its nice to have that arrow to get back to the top but I would rather not need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back