Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Replacing RC Servo w/ Custom PCB (Open Servo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dknguyen

Most Helpful Member
I remember seeing a quick link mentioned in a post about something called "Open Servo". It was an open source website about replacing the PCB inside an RC servo with a custom PCB so the servo could do more things over a serial connection instead of a PWM connection.

Does the person have the website for that? I can't find the post since I was just skimming and none of my searches come up with that website.

THanks.

I don't think that this is what you are looking for but perhaps.....
**broken link removed**

Are you talking about something like a small uC board that accepts serial and generates the standard servo pulses? I guess that if you remove the old board, then generating standard pulses wouldn't work.... Just what did it do?

Rick

I've been looking for that link as well. It doesn't come up on any of the google terms I use. frustrating that I didn't bookmark it.

I like the solarbotics one though. definitely bookmarking it... lol

OpenServo

I by chance found a thread on a forum by Googling my misguided search terms and saw a reference called OpenServo. Searched that and...

www.openservo.com

huge search difference between "open servo" and "OpenServo"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back