Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is what I think it is (18 to 32 pin micro) you will have to get the exact same part with the same program loaded into it. It was never intended to be replaced.

The SN8P2714 is a RISC-like high performance and low power consumption 8-bit micro-controller. One clock per instruction cycle (1T) architecture will provide up to 16MIPS computation power. Also, the high EFT (Electrical Fast Transients) protection capability let this device is suitable for high noisy industrial application. The device is designed with the excellent IC structure including the program memory up to 2K-word OTP ROM, data memory of 128-bytes RAM, two 8-bit timer counters (TC0, TC1), a watchdog timer, four interrupt sources (TC0, TC1, INT0, INT1), a 7-bit DAC converter, an 8-channel 12-bit ADC converter, two channels PWM output (PWM0, PWM1), two channels buzzer output (BZ0, BZ1) and 8-level stack buffers. There are four oscillator configurations to select for generating system clock, including High/Low Speed crystal, ceramic resonator or cost-saving RC. This device also includes an internal RC oscillator for slow mode controlled by programming.

ya it is 28 pin 8-bit micro controller and i have the data sheet.(it is in my UPS)
is it very rare IC?here in sri Lanka i am unable to find that in market.

ya it is 28 pin 8-bit micro controller and i have the data sheet.(it is in my UPS)
is it very rare IC?here in sri Lanka i am unable to find that in market.

As ronsimpson has pointed out, a new chip (assuming you could source one) would be blank, you need to source a pre-programmed one from the manufacturer of whatever it's in.

thank you both of you.that means i have to throw my UPS and have to buy another one.i can buy that only from china.with the shipping cost it's better to buy new one.anyway thank you very much.

thank you both of you.that means i have to throw my UPS and have to buy another one.i can buy that only from china.with the shipping cost it's better to buy new one.anyway thank you very much.

Are you sure the processor is faulty?, generally they are extremely reliable devices - unless something nasty has happened to it of course.

a technician checked that and said that fault is in processor.i do not have enough knowledge to check that.can you guess another part?

i think it's better to create a new ups with old battery.i'm searching for a ups diagram.but couldn't find good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back