• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

replace trim cap with some kind of IC ?


New Member
I have build a cabel Tv decoder and am tune the channels with a trim cap at 5-57pF but now i wonder if it is possible to build some curcuit with a Ic so I can control four different values of capacistors with a moment switch or something instead to tune in channels with trim cap I can choose the right one of values with switch or button ?? :?:


Active Member
You can use a digital tuner which is used in new televisions or construct a digital switch to switch between four different values of capacitor or use a Varactor diode to tune your channels using variable voltage (potentiometer) instead of trimmer capacitor.


New Member
dont you refer to a channel decoder for scrambled channels, or i didnt understand right?
if i didnt, that means that what kinjal said is correct.
new kind of digital channel tunners are easy to use.


New Member
I like your idea " kinjalgp" but I am terrible to construct something of my own, if the is not to much trouble for you I would appreciate your help with some simple or basic Schematic on "digital turner" what do I need for components to build this kind of curcuits?

Latest threads

EE World Online Articles