Replace switch mode transistors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, April. Didn't you ask this a while back to be told that a MOSFET and BJT are likely not interchangeable your SMPS? You can order the D209L on ebay for around $6.

Yes thanks you are right but it was a different scenario and both the above were transistors I thought. Missed the MOSFET label sorry

Anyway I could not find a supplier for D209L so if you could point me to your ebay site I would appreciate it.

Yes, they are both transistors but one is a BJT and the other is a MOSFET. The BJT will need a low voltage and high current provided to its base to turn on while the MOSFET will need a higher voltage & no static current. The driver is therefore different and they often cannot be exchanged.

Ebay items (will take a while to arrive): https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=d209l&LH_PrefLoc=2
If you need them quickly, you can have a look on au.element14.com for appropriate transistors; they deliver next day when item is in stock, though their minimum order size is $45 IIRC. e.g. **broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…