Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Replace switch mode transistors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, April. Didn't you ask this a while back to be told that a MOSFET and BJT are likely not interchangeable your SMPS? You can order the D209L on ebay for around $6.

Yes thanks you are right but it was a different scenario and both the above were transistors I thought. Missed the MOSFET label sorry

Anyway I could not find a supplier for D209L so if you could point me to your ebay site I would appreciate it.

Yes, they are both transistors but one is a BJT and the other is a MOSFET. The BJT will need a low voltage and high current provided to its base to turn on while the MOSFET will need a higher voltage & no static current. The driver is therefore different and they often cannot be exchanged.

Ebay items (will take a while to arrive): https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=d209l&LH_PrefLoc=2
If you need them quickly, you can have a look on au.element14.com for appropriate transistors; they deliver next day when item is in stock, though their minimum order size is $45 IIRC. e.g. **broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back